Prep 25 mins
Cook 18 mins
A really tasty moist muffin.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup powdered artificial sweetener or 4 (1 g) packages Sweet 'n Low
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons melted margarine
- 19 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 beaten egg
- Combine flour,baking powder, sweetner and salt.
- Add melted butter.
- Add beaten egg and 19 oz tin of crushed pineapple.
- Ingredients will be very thick in texture. Line your muffin pan cups with cupcake papers.
- Bake 18 minutes at 400°F.
these were pretty tasty. i was expecting more pineapple flavor from them, so that was a little disappointiing. the actual recipe is great though; i like the crunchy outside with the moist inside. i used whole wheat flour instead of white with no problems. i'm going to try these again, maybe with different fruits and likely with a bit more sugar.
Hi DOTM, This is Scotts Sassy Girl again, I read your recipe wrong and made a mistake in the way I prepared your muffins. I have tunnel vision and can't see very good. My husband read me your muffin recipe and he made them like your recipe. They are delicious my husband loves them so do I. Sorry about the wrong rating I gave your recipe, so now I give it a 5 star rating. Sure hope yopu understand my mistake. Have a wonderful day, by the way your other recipes are very good to. Scotts Sassy Girl
Yummy pineapple flavour, a nice dense type muffin. I'm giving it 5 stars because it's one of the few baked items I've made with Splenda that actually worked. I topped half of these with Splenda mixed with cinnamon and left the other half plain. Thanks for sharing this one, DotM.