Recipe by Miss Annie
A good tasting curry. Leave the peel on the apples for extra color.
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
Wow! I made this tonight, for just myself, as I thought it wouldn't please the rest of the family. What was I thinking? This was DELICIOUS! I didn't have any celery and I did go ahead and peel the apples. I used flour in place of cornstarch and served it over brown rice. So, I guess I made a few changes, but the overall dish did NOT lack anything besides the large chunks of chocolate that EVERY recipe lacks. :D One reviewer mentioned that this was a mild version of the spices (thanks for that tip!) and it was indeed perfect, since I'd never had anything using curry as a main ingredient. This is another keeper on my list and I'll be sure to make the whole recipe next time. Thanks so much, Toni!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups apples, diced (and peeled if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups canned chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice (, cooked without salt or fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add apple and next 7 ingredients.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and chicken broth, and add to apple mixture.
- Stir in chicken and raisins, and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve or rice.