Diabetic Strawberry Shortcake
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening. Mix in egg. Add 1/3 cup milk. Slowly add as much milk as needed to make a non-sticky dough. Pat dough out on floured surface. Cut rounds with biscuit cutters or drinking glasses. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins 450F til lightly browned.
- Split in half.
- If desired, spread each half with butter.
- Sprinkle artificial sweetener over strawberries and mix well.
- Spoon strawberries over biscuit halves.
- Top with whipped topping.