Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
excellent on toast
- 12 ounces unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 3⁄8 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- In a heavy saucepan bring blueberries and 1/4 cup water to a boil. Cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer til berries are soft.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining water.
- Add to blueberries and stir until jam thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Add artificial sweetener.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Watch the sweetener. I used 4 teaspoons of splenda and it was plenty sweet. Should work for any fruit or berries you have around.
A great and simple recipe for those blueberries stored in the freezer. Being diabetic i am always on the hunt for good diabetic recipes and i see you have several on here. Tried this one just recently and was quite impressed. Thanks for another great recipe.