Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 slice enriched white bread, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Place the bread crumbs, cheese, Splenda and 2 tablespoons applesauce in blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Drop by tablespoons on a hot non-stick skillet.
- Serve with remaining applesauce as a topping.
I made this using wholegrain bread but like the last reviewer I had trouble getting the mixture firm enough to flip. I cooked the top side under the grill instead. This tasted nice but the cooking method just didn't seem to work that well.
I'm sorry, either something is missing from this recipe (eggs maybe?) or it is just not very good. I followed the recipe exactly and was extremely disappointed. The batter would not flip or solidify at all. It was like scrambled eggs by the time I was done, but still runny and burnt at the same time! It tasted edible, but I physically could not pick it up to eat it even if I wanted to. I'm sorry!