1/6 Photos of Dhal - Lentil Puree
Dhal is an easy tasty dish to make. If this is the first time you have eaten Dhal you might like to serve it with another Indian dish. You can eat Dhal with boiled rice, Indian breads or just by itself. This is a great budget stretcher.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash lentils thoroughly, removing those that float on the surface.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Heat ghee or oil and fry onion, garlic and ginger until onion is golden.
- 4Add turmeric and stir well.
- 5Add drained lentils and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 6Add water, lower heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Add salt to taste, mix thoroughly and continue cooking until lentils are soft and the consistency is thick, similar to porridge.
- 8Serve Dhal plain or garnish with sliced onion, fried until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dhal - Lentil Puree
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 11.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 16.4 g