Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are good enough to be dangerous, as someone at one of our parties once discovered. Don't forget those are prunes you're eating!
- Stuff each prune with an almond.
- Cut each bacon slice in pieces just long enough to wrap around a prune and overlap slightly.
- Secure bacon around prune with a wooden toothpick.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange bacon-wrapped prunes in a shallow pan and broil until bacon is crisp.
- Or, preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until crisp.
- Serve with chutney for dipping.
Love this sweet and salty combination! I don't use thick cut so it doesn't get super greasy. It's easy to cook it on a rack so the bacon gets crispy and not soggy ish on one side. Also this made about 24 so I used about 1 1/2 cups of mango chutney
O and i used pecans instead of almonds