Red Hot Devils
photo by Mrs. Regan
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ingredients together well, minus the hotdogs.
- Slice the hotdogs, lengthwise about 2/3rds of the way through.
- Arrange hotdogs in ovensafe baking dish.
- Fill hotdogs with the sauce mix.
- Cook for about 30-45 minutes or until cooked through and mixture is bubbly.
- Place hotdogs in buns with the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were so flavorful! I simmered the sauce in a pan on the stove while I grilled the hot dogs. I melted some american cheese on top, added some diced pickled jalapenos in the sauce, and topped it with fresh diced tomatoes. Since I didn't cook the sauce as long as the recipe suggests, I cut back on the vinegar. It was still super tangy, sweet, and spicy. Delish!
Loved these dogs! So I wouldn't eat two, I had to eat a boat load of salad first and jam-pack myself full with lettuce, so I wouldn't go for another. These are highly addictive, and I am in love! I changed the serving size down to "2" and reduced the sugar to accommodate that change. I did however add more hot sauce, (like a FULL teaspoon - as I LOVE hot sauce) and I am glad I did. These were little devils, and I adored them! I will be making this lots! I threw a couple purple onions on top, and I especially loved the method of baking the dogs/sauce together. Who knew? Will be making this again and often! Made for *Paprika Month* French Forum March 2010.
see 10 more reviews