Spicy Red Pasta Sauce
Known in Italian as arrabiata sauce, this is an amazing homemade red sauce. The ingredients are frugal but the end result is delicious. My fiance and I use this often when we are having friends over. Add some chicken sausage and fresh basil if you want to make it extra special.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- Heat oil in a five to six quart pot over moderately high heat.
- Add garlic and pepper flake, saute until golden. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in tomatoes and salt.
- Simmer uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Serve with pasta.