Frankenstein Snack Cakes
- Ready In:
9 snack cakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a square 9x9 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, granulated sugar, and milk until pale in color.
- In a third bowl, whip egg white to medium-stiff peaks.
- Add dry flour mixture to yolk mixture. Fold to combine. Then add whipped eggs in three additions. Gently fold to incorporate egg whites.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to spread batter into an even layer. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and run an offset spatula around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake. Let cool completely.
- Use a knife, wet with warm water, to cut the cake into 3 inch squares.
- Decorate with icing for hair and stitches, add sprinkles and candies for bolts and eyes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!