Neon Snack Cake Push Pops
photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 boxed cake mix, plus any ingredients required on the box's recipe
FOR THE ICING
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- food coloring
- Prepare the cake according to the directions on the box. Pour the cake batter out onto a greased cookie sheet (you're making a thin layer of cake) and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, cut it into small circles using the top of the push pop containers.
- Mix the powdered sugar and butter with an electric mixer until combined. Then, add the vanilla and start adding milk until the icing is your desired consistency.
- Separate the icing into three bowls and mix different food coloring into each until the icing is bright and colorful.
- Slide your push pop containers all the way up and place one of the cake rounds on the slider.
- Pull the slider down to the lowest position, add a bit of icing, then repeat with more cake and icing (alternating colors) until the tube is filled. Place lid on.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!