Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great presentation for party buffets. Great as an appetizer during the holidays
- 2 lbs shrimp, cooked
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf, broken
- To cook shrimp—Bring water to a boil.
- Add shrimp.
- Allow water to return to a boil, cover and immediately remove the pot from the heat .
- Allow the shrimp to remain in the hot water for 5 minutes.
- Check shrimp to make sure they are cooked to your liking.
- Drain and ice to prevent further cooking.
- To assemble—Combine cooked and well drained shrimp with lemon, onion, and pimentos.
- Mix all other ingredients together and pour over shrimp.
- Marinate for 24 hours before serving.