Recipe by msoders
Much easier than it looks, a fun twist on deviled eggs for Halloween. Using the long spiral pasta (fusilli col buco) you can rest them on a bed of brains. If you can't find the pasta, other short spiral pasta will do, it is needed to keep the eyeballs from sliding around.
- 18 eggs
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 10 green olives, sliced
- 56.69 g fusilli, col buco
- red blue and green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover eggs with 1 inch of cold water, bring to a full boil for 1 minute, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 17 minutes. Rinse eggs in cold water.
- Gently tap each egg with a metal spoon in several places to crack the shell. The objective is NOT to break it, but to create small cracks for the bloodshot effect of the eyeballs. Place in pan ice water (just enough to cover them), add enough red food coloring to make the water a deep red. Let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Boil pasta according to directions with a few drops of red food coloring. Drain, rinse and place on platter.
- Crack and peel eggs, rinse.
- Cut eggs in half crosswise on a slight diagonal and remove yolks.
- Blend yolks with all remaining ingredients - you will want the mixture to be a bit stiff. Divide into batches and add food coloring as desired for different eye colors.
- using a melon baller or small ice scoop, place a scoop into each eye and top with an olive slice. Place on the brains!