I just made this up as I looked at a couple other recipes and put them all together to come up with one GREAT potato salad! The pickles and bacon sound like they wouldnt taste right together but trust me, they really make this salad pop!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs of baby yellow potatoes, cut into halves
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 slices bacon, fully cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise (more or less to taste, I used about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- granulated garlic
- granulated onion
- salt and pepper
- 4 pickles, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice (from jar)
- Cut potatoes into halves and boil until almost done (don't want them to fall apart). Drain potatoes.
- Put potatoes into medium size bowl. While they are still warm, add salt and pepper and the granulated garlic and onion (however much you prefer for taste) and lemon juice and toss potatoes. Set aside.
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half and take the yoke out and set aside in a small bowl. Cut the whites in little chunks and add to bowl with the potatoes.
- Cut pickles into pieces (as small or big as you prefer) and add to potatoes.
- Use fork and smoosh the yokes until you have gotten most of the lumps out. Add the mayo, mustard, some more granulated garlic and onion (easy on both of these as to not overpower the end flavor), pickle juice and pepper. Mix all together in small bowl.
- Add yoke/mayo mixture to potatoes. Mix well.
- Add the cooked and crumbled bacon and toss lightly.
- Cover and chill (or eat right away if you cant wait like I did!) :-).
- It's also very good with the pre-cubed pre-cooked grilled chicken pieces you can buy at the store.
- The best way to serve this potato salad is chilled but I took a taste and couldn't wait to eat it and it was still very good right after it was made! I hope you enjoy! Please let me know if you like it!