Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Sue Johnston).
- 1 1⁄2 cups crabmeat (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup rich milk or 1 cup light cream
- 2 -3 cups breadcrumbs
- Flake crabmeat.
- Make a sauce by heating milk or cream in a double boiler, adding blending flour, mustard, and butter. Stir until smooth.
- Add crabmeat.
- Season to taste.
- Cook mixture.
- Fill shell or ramekins, cover with crumbs, dot with butter.
- Bake 20-30 minutes in oven at 350 degrees until mixture swells and is brown.