This is a childhood favorite. The hardest part was pinning Mom down on amounts.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cans lump crabmeat, drained (3/4 to 1 lb of fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 dash thyme
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence or 1/2 teaspoon your favorite seasoning
- Melt 1 stick of butter and saute green pepper and onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Saute slowly till soft.
- Add remaining butter then celery and saute a few more minutes.
- Add the bread crumbs and milk, mixing well.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add crab meat and remaining seasonin, mixing thoroughly.
- Remove bay leaf and arrange mixture in ramekins.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Heat in 400 degree oven only until hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION