- Ready In:
- 8 slices dry white bread, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, separated
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb crabmeat (canned is ok)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- fresh parsley or dill (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place cubed bread in bowl with milk and mash to a pasty consistency.
- Add more milk if needed.
- Saute onions and celery in 1/4 c.
- of butter until softened.
- Pour onions, celery and butter over bread mixture and mix to combine.
- IF bread mixture is cooled, add crabmeat, mustard and eggs.
- Stir to combine-but not too much-you don't want to totally separate the crab chunks.
- Pour into EITHER 6 greased ramekins OR 1 large greased casserole.
- Spread in baking containers so that it is evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake ramekins for about 8 minutes//Bake casserole for 20 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise on top of cooked deviled crab.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with either fresh parsley or fresh dill.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a frequent recipe changer, so hopefully these will stay somewhat true to character!