I do not remember where I got this recipe, but my husband says it tastes just as good as what he had at Denny's. I am just amazed at all of the great reviews on this recipe!! My family loves it, so I thought I would share it here and I'm so glad I did because it seems you all love it just as much!!! Thanks to all of you who have tried it!
- Mix together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt& cinnamon.
- Heat a large skillet, or griddle.
- When the skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon butter.
- If the butter smokes, your pan is too hot; turn down the heat.
- Dip each slice of bread into the batter for 30 seconds on each side.
- Let some of the batter drip off, then put in skillet.
- Cook each slice 1 1/2-2 minutes per side until each side is golden brown.
- Add more butter, if necessary, to cook all of the slices.
- To serve, put on plate, dust with powdered sugar. Serve with butter & hot syrup.