1/29 Photos of Denny's-Style French Toast
Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)'s Note:
I do not remember where I got this recipe, but my husband says it tastes just as good as what he had at Denny's. I am just amazed at all of the great reviews on this recipe!! My family loves it, so I thought I would share it here and I'm so glad I did because it seems you all love it just as much!!! Thanks to all of you who have tried it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt& cinnamon.
- 2Heat a large skillet, or griddle.
- 3When the skillet is hot, add 1 tablespoon butter.
- 4If the butter smokes, your pan is too hot; turn down the heat.
- 5Dip each slice of bread into the batter for 30 seconds on each side.
- 6Let some of the batter drip off, then put in skillet.
- 7Cook each slice 1 1/2-2 minutes per side until each side is golden brown.
- 8Add more butter, if necessary, to cook all of the slices.
- 9To serve, put on plate, dust with powdered sugar. Serve with butter & hot syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Denny's-Style French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.2
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.9 mg
- Sodium 360.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 8.1 g