Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this when visiting a friend on Denman Is. (British Columbia), not Gertie incidentally! Ingredients are all staples, it's quick and easy and great to take to a pot luck. I'm always asked for the recipe.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- Peel, slice and cook carrots until tender.
- Heat soup and all other ingredients (except the pepper and onion) in a saucepan.
- When hot pour over cooked carrots and the onion and pepper.
- Keeps for days in the fridge.