Recipe by Steve P.
This recipe is for a board request for a Salmon Loaf made without bread crumbs. This one certainly fits the bill and is very simple and easy to prepare.
Top Review by 5Jean5
Really pleased with this one! My family won't try new fish casseroles but they liked this! I even realized that I forgot one ingredient-the mayo- and it still was good. I'm anxious to try it again with all the ingredients!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (1 lb) can salmon, reserve juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Slowly add milk and drained salmon juice, stirring until smoothly thickened.
- Add flaked salmon (skin removed) And remaining ingredients.
- Place mixture in a buttered loaf dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Serve with hard cooked eggs or caper sauce.