Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
---Update: When doubling (or any multiplier) this recipe, please avoid that step with the garlic salt. Instead substitute garlic powder and add salt to taste. :) Enjoy!---- SO EASY TO MAKE!!! I was hungry a wee bit late at night and came up with this super quick delicious and creamy dip. My DB gobbled it up with me and loved it. It tastes amazing on tortilla chips, crackers, Fritos, whatever your heart (and tummy) desires! Mix and match different cheeses or add meat/vegetables for a variety of flavors. This recipe can be made vegan by using soy-cheese substitutes. :) **Use a glass or aluminum pie pan to heat in the oven and you can serve it in no time.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetarian refried beans
- 1⁄3 cup picante salsa (medium or hot)
- 5 -6 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 package)
- 1 -2 ounce soft Italian cheese (I used "Crema Bel Paese" can substitute more cream cheese or choose any creamy mild cheese)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crumble slices of colby jack cheese (or your substitute) into bite size pieces.
- Mix salsa and refried beans together in a bowl.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients including all the cheeses and stir well.
- Pour contents of bowl into pie pan.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until all cheese is melted.
- Stir well before serving.
- Tastes good with tortilla chips, Fritos, crackers, and pitas. Can be made lowfat by using reduced-calorie substitutes!
Quadrupled this recipe for my husband's birthday party. It was a huge success! Only change I would make would be to use Garlic Powder instead of Garlic Salt... along with the salt on the chips (and margarita glass) it was a bit salty!
Everybody I gave this loved it. They said it was the best dip ever and wanted to buy it