Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, washed,dried,and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon aha herb seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon low-salt seasoning, alternative
- 2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups tomato sauce (homemade or canned)
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic, and mushrooms in the sherry or water and butter until soft.
- Add the chopped broccoli, spinach and herb mix.
- Stir to combine, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender-crisp.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, eggs, pepper and salt.
- In a 9x13" pan, spread about 1/2cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the remaining ingredients as follows:.
- Arrange 3 strips of lasagna noodles on the bottom.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over noodles.
- Spread half of the vegetable mixture over cheee.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce over vegetables.
- Repeat layers of noodles, cheese, vegetables, and sauce, ending with a layer of noodles topped with the remaining 1/2cup tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with additional mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
This was some delicious vegetable lasagna. I was looking for one that had the broccoli/spinach combo (love it!). I used 2 tbs. of sherry (and 1 tbs. water), but didn't taste it so will go with the full amount next time. I didn't have the aha herb season so I used garlic salt and pepper. I also made a homemade pasta sauce (garlic, basil, oregano). This really hit the spot and am glad to have leftovers! Thanks Joy, for posting. Roxygirl