Recipe by Emily Rose
This is a really good soup! It's not hard to make. I'm only 14 and I made it. My family loved it and keep begging me to make it again!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried Italian herb seasoning (rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme etc.)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 5 cups beef broth
- 5 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 cups of small conchiglie (shell pasta)
- 4 tablespoons of minced parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot or large saucepan, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat, stirring often,for about 8 minutes.
- Add the dried herb seasoning and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Place the tomatoes in a blender and break them into smaller chunks and then add to the pot.
- Add the water-mixed beef broth or beef cube and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, partially covered for 15 minutes so the flavors can blend.
- Add the vegetables and conchiglie.
- Simmer uncovered over medium heat until they are tender, maybe 10 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.