Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This vanilla sauce goes great with bread pudding or ice cream, for the best taste use pure vanilla extract for this only!
Top Review by Yellow Lab Lover
Served over Recipe #76931 Fantastic Caramel Bread Pudding (minus the caramel) and it was delicious. Very easy to make. I omitted the butter and the nutmeg and used a bit more than 2tsp vanilla. i will make this again. Thank you :)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald the cream with 1/2 cup milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add in the sugar and a pinch of salt; mix to combine until no sugar granules remain.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 2 tablespoons COLD milk in a small cup.
- Stir it into the cream mixture and bring to a boil over low heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue boiling and whisking until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in butter, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly before serving.