Strawberry Vanilla Pancakes
photo by Cindi Marie Bauer
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- maple syrup (or use jam of choice)
- additional fresh strawberries, to garnish pancakes
- reddi whip to garnish pancake (or use Cool Whip)
- In a medium size bowl stir together, the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract (yes that's 2 tablespoons of extract), and mix until well blended.
- Stir in the 1 cup of fresh chopped strawberries.
- Coat a large skillet or griddle, with butter or cooking spray. Then heat skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Pour batter into desired size of pancakes, onto skillet or griddle. Flip with a spatula when bubbles appear in the center. Cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Top pancakes with either maple syrup, or jam, or fresh strawberries and Reddi Wip (or Cool Whip). I ate mine with fresh strawberries and Reddi Wip.
- Yields: 8 pancakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking, baking, and sharing recipes.