Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This vanilla sauce goes great with bread pudding or ice cream, for the best taste use pure vanilla extract for this only!
- Scald the cream with 1/2 cup milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add in the sugar and a pinch of salt; mix to combine until no sugar granules remain.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 2 tablespoons COLD milk in a small cup.
- Stir it into the cream mixture and bring to a boil over low heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue boiling and whisking until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in butter, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly before serving.