This vanilla sauce goes great with bread pudding or ice cream, for the best taste use pure vanilla extract for this only!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald the cream with 1/2 cup milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- 2Add in the sugar and a pinch of salt; mix to combine until no sugar granules remain.
- 3Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 2 tablespoons COLD milk in a small cup.
- 4Stir it into the cream mixture and bring to a boil over low heat, whisking constantly.
- 5Continue boiling and whisking until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat and stir in butter, vanilla and nutmeg.
- 7Allow the sauce to cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Vanilla Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.9
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 137.9 mg
- Sodium 290.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g