Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This vanilla sauce goes great with bread pudding or ice cream, for the best taste use pure vanilla extract for this only!
- Scald the cream with 1/2 cup milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add in the sugar and a pinch of salt; mix to combine until no sugar granules remain.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 2 tablespoons COLD milk in a small cup.
- Stir it into the cream mixture and bring to a boil over low heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue boiling and whisking until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in butter, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly before serving.
As always, Kittencal...another amazing recipe!!! When I want a recipe that is spot on delicious and isn't over complicated I always pull up your recipe list. This sauce was unbelievably simply and OH so yummy!!
It was great on apple dumplings. Thanks for the recipe!
Pretty good; I made a half recipe and left out the nutmeg. (Had accidentally put too much nutmeg in the bread pudding.) It never did come to a boil, so I just took it off when it became thick and I think I got it a little too thick. Would have to try again; I probably messed it up somewhere!