Recipe by Audreys Mom
I found this recipe on pickycook.com as a layer cake. I like it because there is no butter and I substituted the regular flour for spelt flour.
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup regular hemp milk or 1 cup rice milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put muffin liners into muffin pan.
- Wisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl wisk eggs, oil, hemp milk, vanilla and lemon zest until smooth.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Mix until just combined - DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Pour batter into muffin liners.
- Bake for 15 - 25 minutes check with toothpick.