1/3 Photos of Delicious Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
Recipe USA's Note:
Easy, delicious and comforting casserole. This is a favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (12 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 12 corn tortillas (or flour, your preference)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1Add butter to large skillet or pot and add diced onion. Cook until tender.
- 2Add chicken tenders and 1 cup chicken broth to same pot with cooked onion.
- 3Cook approximately 20 minutes on medium heat until chicken is done.
- 4Cut chicken into bite size pieces and put back in pot.
- 5Add 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of milk, sour cream, green chiles (drained), garlic powder and pepper; and 1 cup of cheese. Heat until everything is mixed and melted.
- 6In greased casserole dish, layer 6-8 corn tortillas (or flour, your preference).
- 7Then add half of the Sour Cream Soup/Chicken mixture.
- 8Sprinkle with a little cheese (1/2 cup)
- 9Add another layer of 6-8 tortillas, the rest of the sauce mixture and the rest of the cheese.
- 10Cover with foil and Cook in 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- 11You can make this lower in fat by using the reduced fat soup and reduced fat or fat free sour cream, as well as reduced fat cheese.
- 12Before serving, you can add a few chives for garnish. Looks nice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 841.9
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 175.2 mg
- Sodium 1611.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 47.7 g