Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is easy to whip up on a weeknight, and quite good (especially when it's cold outside). I substituted green peas for the creamed corn and evaporated milk for the half and half, and I left the skins on my potatoes. The amount of butter wasn't listed in the recipe, so I used 1/4 cup. Anything with salmon in it is a favorite of mine, and this is no exception. Recipe courtesy of Recipe Lion. Serving size is estimated.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, grated
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 14 1⁄2 ounces salmon (cooked) or 1 1⁄2 cups salmon (cooked)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Melt the butter in soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and saute until soft.
- Stir in the potatoes, broth, salt, pepper, and dill. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until the potatoes are nearly tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add the salmon with the juice, half and half, and creamed corn. Stir until hot and serve.