Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Heart health recipe
- 4 large potatoes (2 lbs)
- 8 cups ice water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Scrub potatoes and cut into long 1/2-inch strips.
- Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in a plastic bag.
- Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
- Brush potatoes with oil.
- Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.
This is a great way to do fries. We loved the seasoning (although next time I will only use 1/2 t. hot pepper flakes - personal taste) and loved the method. Great and easy fries! Yum.
Delicious! What a hidden gem this recipe is! I also loved the seasoning....especially the crushed red pepper flakes. Loved these! Made for Best of 2010 Tag game.
Easy and good. I really enjoyed the seasonings on these. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.