Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Easy and Wonderful! This recipe is with cranberries and walnuts but you can use almost anything you want; pecans, chocolate chips, etc.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anise
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Crush walnuts up, making them textured but neither ground nor whole.
- Whisk flour and baking powder.
- Beat sugar, butter, lemon zest, and anise.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour mixture gradually.
- Add cranberries and walnuts (dough gets very thick).
- Form dough into a 13 inch long 3 inch wide log.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1 inch wide cookies.
- Put back on pan and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Cool completely.
- If desired, dip ends in melted white, dark or milk chocolate and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
This biscotti recipe is truly delicious. I have made 3 batches in the last 2 days. Made as printed and used anise extract (recipe didn't say to use oil or seed). I was happy with the anise oil and the biscotti turned out great. I drizzled with melted white chocolate. I did add 1/4 cup extra flour to the 2nd two batches and think that was a good idea. Also made a batch with walnuts, and Frangellico for the flavoring and drizzed with dark chocolate. Biscotti isn't crumbly or too hard, just as it should be...Waiting for a cup of coffee. Thank you Meatball101 for a great recipe.