Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This will keep in the refrigerator for up to one month, serve this warm or cold ---this is great on toast, French toast and waffles!
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (or to taste)
- In a medium saucepan bring both sugars, water, corn syrup and pinch salt to a boil over medium heat; then boil for 7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat then stir in maple extract.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes (the mixture will thicken more as it cools).
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
- Store covered tightly in a glass jar in refrigerator.
Wow, wonderful syrup. I don't think I will buy any ever again. This went great over French toast made with Recipe #408880, Recipe #90674. Great breakfast with sausage and coffee.
Finally a syrup recipe that specifies whether the sugar is light brown, or dark brown. :-) Thank you.
Easy to make and great results. Left out the butter because I was in a hurry and it came out fine. Thanks for another wonderful recipe.