I made this just recently and had to post the recipe... this salad is absolutely wonderful! Plan ahead this needs to chill overnight, don't even think about trying this salad before the 24 hour chilling time, I can tell you that this salad takes on a whole different flavor when chilled overnight! Adjust all ingredients to taste, if you like a more creamy salad then double the dressing amounts. Don't omit the beef bouillon granules, it's what makes the dressing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 lb cubed ham
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, coarsley chopped
- 15 small sweet gherkins, chopped (reserve 1/2 the juice)
- 10 small cherry tomatoes (can use more or less)
- 1Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water, place in a large bowl.
- 2Add in the cubed ham, bell peppers, onion, chopped sweet pickles; toss to combine.
- 3In a small bowl whisk together mayo, sour cream, beef bouillon granules, vinegar, seasoned salt, pepper, fresh garlic and 1/2 cup reserved sweet pickle juice; add to the pasta mixture and toss well to combine.
- 4Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- 5Cover and chill 24 hours to blend flavors.
- 6Just before serving add in the small whole cherry tomatoes.
- 7Best if served near room temperature.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Ham Ziti Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.5
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.5 mg
- Sodium 1823.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: