I got this from a website, which one I can't remember. Easy and fun to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Write fortunes on pieces of paper that are 3 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 9-X-13 inch baking sheets.
- 2In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg white, vanilla extract, almond extract and vegetable oil until frothy, but not stiff.
- 3Sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and sugar into a separate bowl. Stir the water into the flour mixture.
- 4Add the flour into the egg white mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter. The batter should not be runny, but should drop easily off a wooden spoon.
- 5Place level tablespoons of batter onto the cookie sheet, spacing them at least 3 inches apart. Gently tilt the baking sheet back and forth and from side to side so that each tablespoon of batter forms into a circle 4 inches in diameter.
- 6Bake until the outer 1/2-inch of each cookie turns golden brown and they are easy to remove from the baking sheet with a spatula (14 - 15 minutes).
- 7Working quickly, remove the cookie with a spatula and flip it over in your hand. Place a fortune in the middle of a cookie. To form the fortune cookie shape, fold the cookie in half, then gently pull the edges downward over the rim of a glass, wooden spoon or the edge of a muffin tin. Place the finished cookie in the cup of the muffin tin so that it keeps its shape. Continue with the rest of the cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Fortune Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 69.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g