Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from a website, which one I can't remember. Easy and fun to make.
Make and share this Delicious Fortune Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Write fortunes on pieces of paper that are 3 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 9-X-13 inch baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg white, vanilla extract, almond extract and vegetable oil until frothy, but not stiff.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and sugar into a separate bowl. Stir the water into the flour mixture.
- Add the flour into the egg white mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter. The batter should not be runny, but should drop easily off a wooden spoon.
- Place level tablespoons of batter onto the cookie sheet, spacing them at least 3 inches apart. Gently tilt the baking sheet back and forth and from side to side so that each tablespoon of batter forms into a circle 4 inches in diameter.
- Bake until the outer 1/2-inch of each cookie turns golden brown and they are easy to remove from the baking sheet with a spatula (14 - 15 minutes).
- Working quickly, remove the cookie with a spatula and flip it over in your hand. Place a fortune in the middle of a cookie. To form the fortune cookie shape, fold the cookie in half, then gently pull the edges downward over the rim of a glass, wooden spoon or the edge of a muffin tin. Place the finished cookie in the cup of the muffin tin so that it keeps its shape. Continue with the rest of the cookies.
This was my first experience making fortune cookies. The recipe was wonderful. The cookies tasted better than any fortune cookie I've ever eaten. I watch some youtube videos first to see how to form them over a cup and then cool in a muffin tin. That helped a lot. I only cooked one at a time since it was my first time. I had several cookie sheets so it still went pretty fast. I didn't let some of the cookies get brown enough on the edges and the cookie isn't crisp. Don't make that mistake. Even the softer ones still look great and will taste wonderful! Recipe is a winner!
We will surely use this recipe, it is great and we'll be using it for my DD's birthday party. Thanks, animal_luver! And I love your other recipes, too!