Going with an oriental meal tonight? End it with your own homemade fortune cookie. Could you ever let your imitation go with writing out "fortunes" for everyone. One for my daughter " I see a clean your room in your future".
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine egg whites, sugar and salt.
- Mix well until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Add butter, flour, and extracts.
- Drop a few tablespoons of dough onto a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Leave plenty of space for the cookies to expand.
- I'd bake only a few until you get the hang of molding them.
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Mold warm cookie over a wooden spoon handle to form a cylinder.
- Insert a"fortune".
- Pinch ends together to shape the traditional fortune cookie.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The cookies have a great taste but don't taste or look exactly like fortune cookies. They are close though and taste very good. I tried wrapping a few first and had some trouble but I found a method after that and cooked about six at a time. The folding is the hardest part of this recipe but anyone should be able to do it.5Reply
see 2 more