Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
The most amazing chicken drumsticks ever. (A-Z Kids Cookbook)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 425.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper in bowl.
- Dip chicken drumsticks into butter (or margarine); roll in flour mixture to coat.
- Arrange in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 inches (we use glass).
- Bake uncovered until done, about 50 minutes.
These had a nice crust to them but for my family's tastes we'd like to see them a little more seasoned. I used a full teaspoon of paprika this time but might try smoked paprika next time to liven them up a bit. I appreciated the super easy recipe on a busy weeknight and will be sure to keep this one handy. I used both drumsticks and thighs tonight. Thanks for sharing, JDame! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
These were great! The key is to make sure that you only have a light coating of flour on these, so shake the excess off before baking. A quick, easy and tasty chicken dish adults and kids will love.