1/3 Photos of Delicious Deep Fried Artichokes
Helping Hands's Note:
This is an usual, yet melt-in-your-mouth, way to make artichokes! Add lots of salt and pepper and you will be in for a delicious treat! From one of Suzanne Sommers' cookbooks!
My Private Note
- 1Wash and dry artichokes.
- 2Remove tough outer leaves and bottom stalks from artichokes.
- 3Pull leaves apart until center is slightly exposed.
- 4Liberally sprinkle salt and pepper inside of the artichokes, between the leaves.
- 5Heat oil in deep fryer until it reaches 350°F.
- 6Add the artichokes to oil and cook for 10 mins, until crisp and golden.
- 7Turn artichokes often, pressing them against the pan to open.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
- 9Sprinkle liberally with additional salt and pepper, and dig in!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Deep Fried Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3930.3
- Calories from Fat 3926
- Total Fat 436.2 g
- Saturated Fat 56.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g