This is an usual, yet melt-in-your-mouth, way to make artichokes! Add lots of salt and pepper and you will be in for a delicious treat! From one of Suzanne Sommers' cookbooks!
- 4 large artichokes
- salt and pepper
- 2 quarts cooking oil
- Wash and dry artichokes.
- Remove tough outer leaves and bottom stalks from artichokes.
- Pull leaves apart until center is slightly exposed.
- Liberally sprinkle salt and pepper inside of the artichokes, between the leaves.
- Heat oil in deep fryer until it reaches 350°F.
- Add the artichokes to oil and cook for 10 mins, until crisp and golden.
- Turn artichokes often, pressing them against the pan to open.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle liberally with additional salt and pepper, and dig in!