1/6 Photos of Delicious Crock Pot Barbecued Pulled Pork
I have made this a number of times over the years, a long marinating time and slow cooking is the secret here! this is an easy recipe with wonderful results! --- you must plan ahead the roast needs to marinate for 24 hours or even up to 3 days --- if you are a garlic lover cut slits in the roast and stuff with whole garlic cloves if desired, If you have plastic gloves then use them to rub the spices into the meat if not be careful the cayenne is very hot --- you will love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) pork shoulder or 1 (4 lb) pork butt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or mix in 3 teaspoons garlic powder to spice mix in place of fresh garlic or use both!)
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder (use if omitting the fresh garlic)
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 (18 ounce) bottles favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1If you are using fresh garlic then rub onto the roast (you may use both the fresh and garlic powder if you are a lover of garlic).
- 2In a small bowl mix together seasoning salt, black pepper and 3 teaspoons garlic powder (if using) cumin, paprika, and cayenne, then using clean hands rub the roast well with the spices using pressure to make certain that the spices penetrate deep into the meat.
- 3Place the roast in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours or up to 3 days.
- 4Place the onions and bell pepper strips in the bottom of the crock pot, then place the roast over the onions and peppers.
- 5In a bowl mix together barbecue sauce and brown sugar, then pour over the roast.
- 6Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, or until the roast is cooked and tender.
- 7Transfer the roast to a cutting board.
- 8Pull pork into coarse shreds using 2 forks.
- 9Serve the pork on a bun or over cooked rice topped off with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Crock Pot Barbecued Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1168.7
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 1800.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 86.8 g
- Protein 53.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: