Barbecued Pulled Pork
photo by limeandspoontt
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 5mins
- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork roast (shoulder or butt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- sandwich buns or cooked rice
- Combine all spices in a bowl and rub onto roast. I sometimes let my roast marinade in the rub over night.
- Place pepper & onion into slow cooker, add roast. I don't use the green pepper.
- Combine sauce & brown sugar and pour over meat. Cover and cook on LOW 8-10 hours. Or until you can shred the meat easily with two forks. I normally cook mine 15-20 hrs in crockpot but it should be done much sooner than that.
- Serve on Buns or over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've been making this recipe for several years from my "Slow Cooker Magic in Minutes" cookbook and came to Zaar to post it today, but see it's already here (I love it when that happens!). It is WONDERFUL! I always freeze the leftovers in several small containers for quick & easy weeknight meals. Like previous posters, I leave out the green pepper and skip the brown sugar. I usually use Bullseye Original BBQ Sauce but today am trying KC Masterpiece Original. I know it will be fabulous! Thanks for posting. :)
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a toddler teacher at a daycare. I love to cook & I plan a cooking activity with "my kids" every week. I learned to cook through my best friends mom & my grandma. I would consider cooking my passion. I never follow a recipie completly. I always add my own twists. I realized awhile ago I add so many twists that it is my recipie. I would have to say that this website is my favorite cookbook. I hope you enjoy my recipies as much as my family does.