Recipe by luv2ryd2002
I found this on the internet 2 years ago and it's been a great stuffing for both Thanksgivings. I only use the cranberries for the optional ingredients and it great out of the turkey.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 diced yellow onions
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 6 stalks diced celery
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 (1 lb) bags cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 6 Italian sausages, removed from casing, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup diced apple (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional) or 1 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large saute pan, heat butter and oil.
- Add onions, green onions, and celery; saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a LARGE mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and any optional ingredients at this point.
- Stir well.
- Spoon into shallow baking pan, cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes until crusty and golden brown.