Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
Similar to Subway's sweet and spicy glaze. Tastes wonderful on chicken (personally I like to melt some American cheese on top and make a sandwich). I'm sure it would go well with pork or any other white meat also... enjoy! Todd Wilbur- TSR recipe * consider if mixture ends up too acidic add some extra sugar and vice versa if its too sugary add an extra half to whole tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together water sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan until mixed well.
- Add Worcestershire, soy sauce, ketchup; mix well.
- Add salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, cumin and sage.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for two minutes or until thick (Make sure its rather thick -will thin down when adding final ingredients).
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in vinegar and lemon juice.
- Let mixture cool in fridge for about an hour or longer to let the spices blend (a little less is ok if pressed for time).