1/3 Photos of Delicious Bourbon Chicken Glaze
Similar to Subway's sweet and spicy glaze. Tastes wonderful on chicken (personally I like to melt some American cheese on top and make a sandwich). I'm sure it would go well with pork or any other white meat also... enjoy! Todd Wilbur- TSR recipe * consider if mixture ends up too acidic add some extra sugar and vice versa if its too sugary add an extra half to whole tablespoon of vinegar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1Whisk together water sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan until mixed well.
- 2Add Worcestershire, soy sauce, ketchup; mix well.
- 3Add salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, cumin and sage.
- 4Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for two minutes or until thick (Make sure its rather thick -will thin down when adding final ingredients).
- 6Remove from heat and let cool.
- 7Stir in vinegar and lemon juice.
- 8Let mixture cool in fridge for about an hour or longer to let the spices blend (a little less is ok if pressed for time).
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Bourbon Chicken Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 367.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 0.2 g