Baked Ham With Bourbon Glaze
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 half ham, smoked, 6-8 lbs
- Microwave honey and molasses in a 1 quart glass dish at high 1 minute. Whisk to blend. Whisk in bourbon, juice, and mustard.
- Remove the skin and fat from the ham. Place ham in a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan. Make 1/4 inch cuts in ham in a diamond pattern. Pour glaze over ham.
- Bake on the lower oven rack at 350° for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140°, basting every 15 minutes with glaze.
- Remove from pan, reserving drippings. Cover ham, and chill, if desired. Chill reserved drippings.
- Remove and discard fat from the drippings. Bring drippings to a boil in a small saucepan. Serve warm with the ham.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I was going to post this recipe I received in a periodical I receive. I saw it was already posted.I made this for Easter. It came out tasty and moist. We used Black Strap Molasses and Southern Comfort. That is what we had on hand. Every loved it. We are already of saying we will make this recipe again the next time we bake a ham. The were also delicious. We served it on the side.