Prep 6 mins
Cook 25 mins
Healthy, gluten free and doesn't take long either. Modified out of Baked Cranberry Acorn Squash. I serve this with plain yogurt on top.
- 1 cup granny smith apple, washed, pared and chopped
- 1 cup frozen fresh cranberries, chopped if wished (I leave mine whole)
- 1 teaspoon organic grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup minus 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons a little oil
- plain yogurt (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except yogurt and through into a small baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature with plain yogurt on top.
Outstanding! I am devouring this as I type as a topping to my oatmeal. I halved the recipe since I'm the only one here eating right now and it worked perfectly. The only slight little change was I added some ground cinnamon in there too as I was making cinnamon oatmeal. I also left the peel on the apples for some extra fiber. So delicious and makes such a nice change to my breakfast routine. I'll definitely be making this often! Tagged in Potluck Tag game!
Absolutely delicious! I added a sprinkle of cinnamon, but the real ingredient which sent it to the top is the orange zest. A nice combination of fruits that is very tasty! Will have again and again. Prepared as a participant in the Make My Recipe 10th Edition February 2010.
Oh wow! This was wonderful! I made it for breakfast and took it to work because it was too hot to eat. Ended up eating the whole thing, and dipped my animal crackers on it. Would be great on ice cream or pancakes too! Very good - thanks for sharing! Made for 1~2~3 Hit Wonders Valentines Special.