Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very good chicken recipe...has a wonderful combination of flavours, another favorite in our house.....serve with rice if desired
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 -4 lbs cut-up chicken pieces
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the chicken.
- Pat the chicken pieces well with paper towels to dry.
- Transfer to a greased baking pan (big enough to hold the amout of chicken pieces that you are using).
- Pour the prepared sauce over the chicken pieces; turning well to coat.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 mins; uncover, baste with sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes more, or until the chicken is cooked.
Just an easy recipe and very tasty, too. I make half of it and I put less chili powder. Next time I'll reduce the ketchup and the sugar. I will make again with my adjustments and update this review. Thanks Kitten!
The kids said the chicken was good. I probably won't make it again though. I've enjoyed reading kittencal's recipes and will definitely try more! Thanks!
Mmmm, we really liked this chicken recipe! I cut it back for the two of us, but, made up the entire sauce part. Saving the leftover for another day! Bet it would be good on pork or beef, too. Love how easy this is to put together ... No muss, no fuss! Thanks for sharing, K ... We thoroughly enjoyed! Laudee