Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I got the recipe some time ago from a friend, after I had this for a dinner gathering at her home, I have been making this dish ever since, if you are a lover of cauliflower, then you are in for a special treat!
Top Review by Linda B
We enjoyed this tasty cauliflower dish. The seasoned crouton crust was nice, and the flavor of the filling was good, but the texture was crumbly. I used the milk option..next time I will try the half and half.
- 3 cups seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florest
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine croutons and 1/4 cup butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375F for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute cauliflower, onion, carrot, garlic, salt, and oregano in remaining butter over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese into prepared crust. Top with the cauliflower mixture and remaining cheese.
- Im a bowl, beat eggs and milk; pour over pie. Bake, uncovered, at 375F for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean and the cauliflower is tender.