Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got the recipe some time ago from a friend, after I had this for a dinner gathering at her home, I have been making this dish ever since, if you are a lover of cauliflower, then you are in for a special treat!
- 3 cups seasoned croutons, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florest
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup milk
- Set oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine croutons and 1/4 cup butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375F for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute cauliflower, onion, carrot, garlic, salt, and oregano in remaining butter over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese into prepared crust. Top with the cauliflower mixture and remaining cheese.
- Im a bowl, beat eggs and milk; pour over pie. Bake, uncovered, at 375F for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean and the cauliflower is tender.
We enjoyed this tasty cauliflower dish. The seasoned crouton crust was nice, and the flavor of the filling was good, but the texture was crumbly. I used the milk option..next time I will try the half and half.