Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
As a working mother I have to have quick meals to fix. I thought of this one on a night when I was really running late and everyone was hungry. This worked great for dinner with a salad, and then as a side with a sandwich the next day for lunch for everyone. The night you make it it won't be as thick. For added thickness add 2 tbs cornstarch mixed first with 2 tbs water. My family thought I had been cooking it in a crockpot all day!
- 32 ounces beef broth (1 box)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables (No Salt Added)
- 2 lbs pre-cooked beef roast (I buy Hormel Beef Roast... NOT the Beef Tips. Costs about $5/lb.)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- Begin cooking the first 1lb of Beef in the Microwave (Hormel cook time is 4 minutes, I only cook it for 3 minute for this recipe).
- Poor Beef Broth into 3-4 quart pot.
- Open 3 cans of No Salt Added Mixed Vegetable.
- Drain 2 and add all three (include liquid of one can) to pot.
- Set pot to boil.
- First pound of Beef should be done. Begin cooking 2nd pound.
- Mix cornstarch with equal amount of water to create a paste and add to the vegetables. If you want to be more like a beef vegetable soup, skip this step.
- Shread and add first pound of beef. When second pound is done shread and add it.
- Continue to boil gently until ready to serve. The longer your boil it, the thicker it will get.
My Husband and I LOVED this recipe !! It was so easy and tastes like you slaved on it all day !
Thank you so much for the recipe.