Recipe by bigherbncv
My daughter sent this to me after she made this. She told me all of her family just loved the cake.
Top Review by Acceptance
Thank you SO much for posting this. I had this fairly often growing up - quick and easy and we almost always had ingredients on hand for it. Slightly warm from the oven with a dollop of fresh whipped cream on it or creamy vanilla ice cream and you have a wonderful homey yet impressive dessert. Not sure I recall ever having it cold - it never lasted that long!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) candel monte fruit cocktail in light syrup
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour with sugar, soda and salt.
- Beat eggs until thich and lemon colored.
- Add undrained fruit cocktail to egg mix.
- Stir in dry ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased and floured 9" square.
- Combine nuts and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle nuts/sugar over batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tests.