From Big Daddy's House, Dishes with Dad episode. If you like eggplant, you gotta try this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- canola oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1Preheat a fryer to 375 degrees F.
- 2In separate shallow dishes add flour, egg and bread crumbs. Coat the eggplant cubes in the flour, then the egg and finally through the bread crumbs. Carefully add the cubes to the fryer and fry until crisp and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the fryer to a paper towel lined platter to drain. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic and mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to combine and emulsify. Add the herbs, salt and pepper. Set aside to dress salad.
- 5In a large serving bowl, toss together the greens, herbs, cheese, tomatoes and onion.
- 6Toss with the desired amount of dressing, top with eggplant croutons and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep-Fried Eggplant Croutons With a Salad!
Serving Size: 1 (466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.2
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 164.4 mg
- Sodium 1317.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh parsley leaves