Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the In Search of the Lost Taste cookbook.
Make and share this Deep Fried Blueberry Steak Balls (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chopped seitan, strips
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (as you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4-3⁄4 cup beer (as needed)
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- frying oil
- Mix all together except the frying oil and breadcrumbs, adding more or less flour or beer as needed.
- Chill, then form into balls and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry in liberal oil, turning as needed, until browned.
- Serve with mustard and British steak sauce (the kind with tamarind in it).