Recipe by Just Cher
This is an easy way to make ordinary burger taste exceptionally good.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I used temph bacon instead of the real bacon. The vegetaians in our family had grilled veggie burgers with the topping while the meat eaters had the burgers from your recipe. We all enjoyed them and will probably make again when it warms up and we are looking for meals to grill. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jarsliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms, mayo, and bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine onion, salt, peppers garlic powder and pepper sauce.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape into 6 (1/2in) thick patties.
- Grill, covered over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Spoon cheese mixture on top of each burger.
- Grill until cheese begins to melt.
- Serve on warm hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato if desired.